If you’re preparing for a job interview at McDonald’s, these McDonald’s interview questions will definitely come in handy.
Like any other job interview, the questions are designed to get a better understanding of your suitability for the role and whether or not you would be a good addition to the team.
Types of McDonald’s interview questions to expect:
The interviewer will ask questions about your:
You will also be asked general questions related to the position such as, “what do you know about McDonald’s” or “why do you want to work at McDonald’s?”
Tip: The interviewer will most likely ask about your commitment to McDonald’s values and objectives, so be prepared to discuss those as well.
34 McDonald’s Interview Questions
- What do you think sets McDonald’s apart from other fast-food restaurants?
- How would you handle an angry customer?
- What challenges have you faced in a previous job that could help you at McDonald’s?
- Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult team member.
- Describe a time when you had to make an important decision under pressure.
- How do you stay motivated and focused on the job at hand?
- Do you have any experience with cash handling or customer service?
- Tell me about a time when your positive attitude helped you resolve a difficult situation.
- Describe an experience in which you had to learn something new quickly.
- What would you do if you saw someone taking food without paying?
- How would you handle being asked to complete a task that you have no prior knowledge of?
- What steps do you take when faced with a challenging problem?
- Do you have experience using a cash register or POS system?
- Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond in your job.
- What do you think makes a successful team member?
- If you were asked to supervise a group of new hires, what approach would you take?
- What methods do you use to ensure accuracy and quality in your work?
- How do you handle criticism or feedback from a supervisor?
- Describe a time when you had to juggle multiple tasks at once. How did you manage it?
- In what ways do you think you could contribute to the success of McDonald’s?
- What do you see as the most important qualities in a fast-food restaurant employee?
- If a customer asked for something that was not on the menu, how would you handle the situation?
- What steps do you take to ensure customer satisfaction?
- Describe an experience in which your attention to detail made a difference.
- If someone asked what your greatest strength is, how would you answer?
- Describe a time when you had to think on your feet in order to solve a problem.
- Describe an experience in which you were able to use your creative thinking skills.
- How do you ensure that tasks are completed on time?
- What is the most important thing you learned during a previous job?
- Do you have any experience with making food or preparing drinks?
- What do you think makes good customer service?
- How do you handle difficult customers and complaints?
- Describe a time when you had to work under tight deadlines.
- What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
See also: Aldi interview questions
15 Questions to ask at the end of a McDonald’s interview
At the end of the interview, you may be asked if you have any questions of your own. It is important to take advantage of this opportunity to ask questions that demonstrate your knowledge of the company and enthusiasm for the role. Here are a few examples:
- What qualities do you value most in employees?
- Is there any additional training available for me if I were to be hired?
- Can you tell me more about the team I would be working with?
- What do you think are the most important skills for this position?
- What is the company culture like?
- How do you measure success in this role?
- Is there room for growth and career development within McDonald’s?
- What do you think are the biggest challenges facing McDonald’s as a company?
- Are there any upcoming projects or initiatives that I could help with?
- How did you become successful in your role at McDonald’s?
- What do you like best about working at McDonald’s?
- Are there any opportunities for continuing education or professional development?
- What qualities do you believe are essential for success in this role?
- How will my performance be evaluated?
- What is the most rewarding part of working at McDonald’s for you?
See also: Greggs interview questions
McDonald’s job interview tips
Here are some tips that can help you prepare and make the most of your McDonald’s job interview:
- Be sure to research McDonald’s history, culture, and current initiatives so that you can speak knowledgeably about them during the interview.
- Prepare to discuss your previous experiences and how they relate to the role you are applying for.
- Come prepared with a few questions of your own that demonstrate your knowledge of the company as well as your enthusiasm for the job.
- Make sure you have a good understanding of the job requirements and duties so that you can speak confidently about what you can bring to the role.
- Dress professionally and practice good hygiene, as this is an important part of customer service.
- Make sure you arrive early to your interview so that you have enough time to fill out any paperwork or relax before the interview begins.
- Stay positive throughout the entire process and express your interest in the position.
- Make sure to express your appreciation for the interviewer’s time and consideration during the interview.
- Follow up with a thank you note after the interview is complete. This demonstrates your professionalism and commitment to the role.
See also: Tesco interview questions
Hopefully, these McDonald’s interview questions and tips will help you prepare and feel more confident on your interview day. Remember, always be confident, positive and well-prepared so that you can make the best impression possible. Good luck!