“What do you know about Aldi?” is one of the most commonly asked Aldi interview questions you’re likely to encounter.
To answer this question effectively, you’ll need to know some key facts about Aldi:
- Aldi is one of the world’s leading low-cost grocery retailers, with more than 6,520 stores in 11 countries, including the US, UK and Australia.
- Aldi stocks a wide range of grocery items, including fresh and frozen produce, dairy products, meats, bread, beverages and much more.
- Aldi emphasizes value and quality with its unique concept of offering customers top-quality products at low prices.
- Aldi has a strong commitment to sustainability and social responsibility, investing in renewable energy and other sustainable initiatives.
- Aldi is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all their employees, with a mission of treating everyone fairly and respectfully.
What do you know about Aldi? – 7 example answers
Example answer: I know that Aldi is a discount supermarket chain that originated in Germany. It has since expanded to countries around the world, including Spain, Italy, Australia, and the United States.
Example answer: I know that Aldi is one of the fastest-growing grocery retailers in the UK with over 990 stores across England, Scotland and Wales.
Example answer: I know that Aldi has been named the cheapest supermarket to shop, 10 times in a row, proving that Aldi has been consistently providing its customers with high-quality, affordable products year after year.
Example answer: I know that Aldi has been named 2022’s employer of the year at the Grocer Gold Awards, a testament to their commitment to investing in their staff and providing exceptional service.
Example answer: I know that Aldi invests heavily in its private label brands, which allow customers to get quality products at a fraction of the cost of big brands.
Example answer: I know that Aldi’s commitment to sustainability and reducing waste means that they have various initiatives in place such as reusable bags and packaging reduction. Additionally, they are working towards having all packaging be recyclable or compostable by 2025.
Example answer: I know that Aldi has a strong commitment to supporting local communities, offering apprenticeships and investing in charities. The company also helps customers shop for food more sustainably by encouraging them to shop more locally and reduce food waste.
As always, try your best to show the interviewer that you are not only familiar with the basics of the company but that you also appreciate what sets Aldi apart from other grocery stores.
By doing so, you can demonstrate that you share Aldi’s values and mission and that you are a good fit for the company culture.